ambari-dev mailing list archives

From BigData dev <bigdatadev...@gmail.com>
Subject Reg: Kerberos.json file properties in Common Services code for KAFK
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2016 20:23:35 GMT
Hi All,
In Kerberos.json file of common-services for Kafka
https://github.com/apache/ambari/blob/trunk/ambari-server/src/main/resources/common-services/KAFKA/0.9.0/kerberos.json

Below Properties values are set as below
 "super.users": "user:${kafka-env/kafka_user}",
"security.inter.broker.protocol": "PLAINTEXTSASL",

Where as from Apache Kafka documentation these proprties need to be
specified as
 "super.users": *"User:${kafka-env/kafka_user}", *
"security.inter.broker.protocol": "SASL_PLAINTEXT",

Information from Open Source Kafka:
http://kafka.apache.org/documentation#security_sasl_brokerconfig

So, I think these properties need to be changed according to Apache Kafka.
Could you please let me know your inputs on this.

Thanks,
Bharat