ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Jayush Luniya <jlun...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [IMPORTANT] Apache Ambari 2.4.0 Release Closedown
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2016 05:54:51 GMT
Hi all,
I would like to reword the process I outlined below a bit for committing patches to branch-2.4.
The intent is not to get approval but to consult with the release manager and the community.
Please reread this as:

"In order to maintain a tight control on the changes that we take in for Ambari 2.4.0 release,
if you find a blocking issue for 2.4.0 release, please file a blocking JIRA and send an email
to me (cc: dev@ambari.apache.org<mailto:dev@ambari.apache.org>) to consult with the
release manager and the community and ensure that the BUG meets the current bug bar before
checking into the Ambari 2.4.0 branch.  Please avoid committing your changes without consulting
to avoid regressions and having to back out breaking changes and changes that do not meet
the bug bar for the release. The Review Then Commit (RTC) policy still stands for committing
the patches."

Thanks
Jayush

From: Jayush Luniya <jluniya@hortonworks.com<mailto:jluniya@hortonworks.com>>
Date: Tuesday, August 16, 2016 at 11:31 AM
To: "dev@ambari.apache.org<mailto:dev@ambari.apache.org>" <dev@ambari.apache.org<mailto:dev@ambari.apache.org>>
Subject: [IMPORTANT] Apache Ambari 2.4.0 Release Closedown

Hi all,
We are very close to releasing Apache Ambari 2.4.0. At this stage only Blocker JIRAs should
be committed to branch-2.4.

I have gone ahead and triaged all the JIRAs that were marked for “2.4.0”.

Few notes:

  1.  Many JIRAs for which patches were already committed into branch-2.4 few weeks back were
left open. Please make sure that your resolve your JIRAs after committing your changes.
  2.  The priority of the JIRAs are not being set correctly. Most of the times JIRAs are set
with the default priority i.e. “Major”. Please ensure that when your file a JIRA you set
the priority correctly.
  3.  There have been few JIRAs with priority=Minor that were committed to branch-2.4 and
had to be backed out. It is extremely important that we keep a tight control on what we push
to a release branch to avoid delays in the release.

In order to maintain a tight control on the changes that we take in for Ambari 2.4.0 release,
if you find a blocking issue for 2.4.0 release, please file a blocking JIRA and send an email
to me (cc: dev@ambari.apache.org<mailto:dev@ambari.apache.org>) to consult with the
release manager and the community and ensure that the BUG meets the current bug bar before
checking into the Ambari 2.4.0 branch.  Please avoid committing your changes without consulting
to avoid regressions and having to back out breaking changes and changes that do not meet
the bug bar for the release.

Following is the current list of active JIRAs for 2.4.0 release.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20AMBARI%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%202.4.0%20ORDER%20BY%20due%20ASC%2C%20priority%20DESC%2C%20created%20ASC

Key     Summary Assignee        Reporter        P       Status  Resolution      Created Updated
Due
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-18037>AMBARI-18037<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-18037>

Supervisor service check and restart is failing<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-18037>
        Unassigned      Shreya Bhat<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ViewProfile.jspa?name=shreyabhatm%40gmail.com>
       [Blocker]       OPEN    Unresolved      05/Aug/16       16/Aug/16

Actions<https://issues.apache.org/jira/rest/api/1.0/issues/12995151/ActionsAndOperations?atl_token=A5KQ-2QAV-T4JA-FDED|a2824ee0768fd7359588ff87bfc8bf9e67ecd641|lin>

<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-18080>AMBARI-18080<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-18080>

EU/RU merges empty storm.topology.submission.notifier.plugin.class which cause service check
to fail<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-18080>
        Unassigned      Dmytro Grinenko<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ViewProfile.jspa?name=dgrinenko>
 [Blocker]       OPEN    Unresolved      09/Aug/16       09/Aug/16

Actions<https://issues.apache.org/jira/rest/api/1.0/issues/12995944/ActionsAndOperations?atl_token=A5KQ-2QAV-T4JA-FDED|a2824ee0768fd7359588ff87bfc8bf9e67ecd641|lin>

<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-18134>AMBARI-18134<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-18134>

Hive metastore stop failed<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-18134>
        Unassigned      Shreya Bhat<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ViewProfile.jspa?name=shreyabhatm%40gmail.com>
       [Blocker]       OPEN    Unresolved      12/Aug/16       16/Aug/16

Actions<https://issues.apache.org/jira/rest/api/1.0/issues/12996891/ActionsAndOperations?atl_token=A5KQ-2QAV-T4JA-FDED|a2824ee0768fd7359588ff87bfc8bf9e67ecd641|lin>

<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-18135>AMBARI-18135<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-18135>

Enable Namenode HA failing at install journal nodes with cluster operator user<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-18135>
        Myroslav Papirkovskyi<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ViewProfile.jspa?name=mpapirkovskyy>
       Shreya Bhat<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ViewProfile.jspa?name=shreyabhatm%40gmail.com>
       [Blocker]       OPEN    Unresolved      12/Aug/16       16/Aug/16

Actions<https://issues.apache.org/jira/rest/api/1.0/issues/12996898/ActionsAndOperations?atl_token=A5KQ-2QAV-T4JA-FDED|a2824ee0768fd7359588ff87bfc8bf9e67ecd641|lin>

<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-18151>AMBARI-18151<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-18151>

Oozie Hive actions fail when Atlas is installed since Atlas Hive Hooks need to be copied to
Oozie Share Lib in HDFS<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-18151>
        Alejandro Fernandez<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ViewProfile.jspa?name=afernandez>
    Alejandro Fernandez<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ViewProfile.jspa?name=afernandez>
    [Blocker]       PATCH AVAILABLE Unresolved      15/Aug/16       16/Aug/16

Actions<https://issues.apache.org/jira/rest/api/1.0/issues/12997419/ActionsAndOperations?atl_token=A5KQ-2QAV-T4JA-FDED|a2824ee0768fd7359588ff87bfc8bf9e67ecd641|lin>

<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-18157>AMBARI-18157<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-18157>

Hive service check is failing after RU<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-18157>
        Unassigned      Shreya Bhat<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ViewProfile.jspa?name=shreyabhatm%40gmail.com>
       [Blocker]       OPEN    Unresolved      16/Aug/16       16/Aug/16

Actions<https://issues.apache.org/jira/rest/api/1.0/issues/12997534/ActionsAndOperations?atl_token=A5KQ-2QAV-T4JA-FDED|a2824ee0768fd7359588ff87bfc8bf9e67ecd641|lin>

<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-18165>AMBARI-18165<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-18165>

Hbase RegionServer start fails<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-18165>
        Vitaly Brodetskyi<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ViewProfile.jspa?name=vbrodetskyi>
     Vitaly Brodetskyi<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ViewProfile.jspa?name=vbrodetskyi>
     [Blocker]       PATCH AVAILABLE Unresolved      16/Aug/16       16/Aug/16

Regards,
Jayush Luniya
Apache Ambari 2.4.0 Release Manager