ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Mithun Mathew <mithm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Ambari 2.4.0 RC0
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2016 19:03:40 GMT
*-1*

I was going through the task of adding HAWQ and PXF to stack HDP 2.4
through the install cluster wizard, for documentation purposes.

The experience with version definition has changed the experience compared
to Ambari 2.2.2.
The experience for users has become worse because custom repositories do
not show up on the UI like in Ambari 2.2.2. If I switch to default version
definition, I see the custom repositories, but end up with old HDP-2.4 url
links.

I see a lot of potential for user errors from this page. I myself, ended up
with a broken cluster stuck on the Install wizard page.

I saw some conversation here
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-17285
I still cannot support release of a product which has user experience worse
than the older version.

--
*Mithun Mathew* (Matt)

   - www.linkedin.com/in/mithunmatt/