ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Juanjo Marron <juanjo.mar...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Managing stack_version on Ambari 2.4 code
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2016 21:37:17 GMT
Hi all,

Last days I was working on creating a new stack definition based on branch-2.4 code and targeting
to test new stack featurization and extensibility features.

The main goal is to create a new stack by reusing current common-services code and changing
installation path (different to /usr/hdp/) and stack version number (diff to 2.5)

Once the stack was created, I was installing same service rpms we used in previous distribution
based on Ambari-2.2 andĀ  im hittingĀ  issues with cluster state set to current on DB (state
is still INIT). Actually the components installed maintain their version as unknown in DB
and hosts state is also out of sync what seems due to same version issue. Additionally current_version
is never included in hostLevel params in command-xx.json file and structured-out-XX.json doesnt
show the stack_version either

Is there any important change in how rpms for Ambari-2.4 need to be build in terms of versioning
compared with Ambari-2.2.2 and previous versions?

Are there any spec files to build rpms available as reference in some other repo or as part
of the Ambari code?
 It seems they are strongly coupled to what Ambari framework and stacks are expecting. Some
documentation where I can read about it.

I can provide more details about the current test if required, but I think at this point I
am missing some piece in the management of the stack version between rpms and Ambari framework

I would really appreciate any help or comment

Thanks all for your time