ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Levas <rle...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Values reset to default after disabling kerberos
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2016 18:42:51 GMT
Hi Anita…

This is the expected behavior.  When disabling Kerberos, the configuration properties changed
while enabling Kerberos are reverted back to the relevant stack’s default values. There
are many reasons for this, one of which has to do with upgrading Ambari or the stack after
Kerberos was enabled. With this scenario, simply revering back to an earlier version of the
configurations is not a good idea since property sets and/or property meanings could have
changed.

Rob