ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Juanjo Marron <juanjo.mar...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Managing stack_version on Ambari 2.4 code
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2016 00:02:50 GMT
 Hi Alejandro,

 Thanks a lot for your reply,

  I run a basic test just with Zookeeper in one node cluster. It is installed properly but
when trying to add new services,  the restAPI call to obtain stack_services filtering by
state=CURRENT is of course failing (state is INIT)

  Due to this issue I started my investigation based on versions issues and I got the details
in previous email:
  - Components installed with unknown version
  - missing current_version in command-xx.json
  - missing stack_version in structured-out-XX.json

The output of the DB queries are:

 Just one repo version with version 4.3

 ambari=> SELECT repo_version_id, version FROM repo_version;
 repo_version_id | version
-----------------+---------
               1 | 4.3

 The right repo_version is used, the cluster never transitioned to CURRENT

 ambari=> SELECT * FROM cluster_version;
 id | repo_version_id | cluster_id | state |  start_time   |   end_time    | user_name
----+-----------------+------------+-------+---------------+---------------+-----------
  1 |               1 |          2 | INIT  | 1469549875153 | 1469549875153
| admin
(1 row)

Just a ZK components installed and versions are unknown

ambari=> SELECT h.host_name, hcs.service_name, hcs.component_name, hcs.version FROM
ambari-> hostcomponentstate hcs JOIN hosts h ON hcs.host_id = h.host_id ORDER BY
ambari-> hcs.version, hcs.service_name, hcs.component_name, h.host_name;
      host_name      | service_name |  component_name  | version
---------------------+--------------+------------------+---------
 spins1.fyre.ibm.com | ZOOKEEPER    | ZOOKEEPER_CLIENT | UNKNOWN
 spins1.fyre.ibm.com | ZOOKEEPER    | ZOOKEEPER_SERVER | UNKNOWN
(2 rows)

 iop-select, as implementation of the new stack-selector, logic seems to report the right
version:

[root@spins1 data]# /usr/bin/iop-select status zookeeper-client
zookeeper-client - 4.3.0.0
[root@spins1 data]# /usr/bin/iop-select status zookeeper-server
zookeeper-server - 4.3.0.0

 So I guess the question now is, why the components are not advertising the correct version
and they are marked as version = unknown even after installation?

 I saw versions for HDP rpms and installed components are  in the format 2.5.0.0-965.

 peggs1.fyre.ibm.com | ZOOKEEPER      | ZOOKEEPER_SERVER    | 2.5.0.0-965
 peggs2.fyre.ibm.com | ZOOKEEPER      | ZOOKEEPER_SERVER    | 2.5.0.0-965
 peggs3.fyre.ibm.com | ZOOKEEPER      | ZOOKEEPER_SERVER    | 2.5.0.0-965

 Is this expected in the rpm name/version?  Are we missing some x.x.x.x-yyy required format
in Ambari 2.4 and the parse could be failing?

 I also realized that now the packages to be installed (as defined in service metainfo.xml)
require the stack version (it used to be wildcards * on Ambari-2.2.2)

            <package>
              <name>zookeeper_${stack_version}</name>
            </package>

How are they connected?

Once again thanks for your insights Alejandro

    On Tuesday, July 26, 2016 4:05 PM, Alejandro Fernandez <afernandez@hortonworks.com>