ambari-dev mailing list archives

From "Tim Thorpe" <ttho...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject AMBARI-12885 - Adding custom services to Ambari
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2016 20:04:07 GMT

Hi folks,

Over the last many months, I have been working on getting support for
custom services into Ambari.   Previously I have added support for custom
services to integrate with the role command order, stack advisor and
upgrade.

   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-9363 (Role Command Order)
   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-15388 (Upgrade)
   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-15226 (Stack Advisor)

My latest changes involve the packaging of custom services into what I have
called an Extension.  Extensions are used to package custom services in
much the same way as stacks contain the core services.

I could use a bit more feedback on the code review.  If anyone is
interested.

   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-12885
   https://reviews.apache.org/r/47656/

Thanks