ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Keta Patel <keta.mahendrakumar.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Custom properties of Password type
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2016 00:15:07 GMT
Hello all,
Custom properties at present can only be a regular property. There is no
provision to make a Custom property of Password type (which could be used
as API keys or as passwords in the service).
This property-type information for predefined configuration properties is
read from the respective XML files.

In order to save the property-type information for new Custom properties, I
propose to save it in the DB "clusterconfig" table, "config_attributes"
column which stores attributes like "final" with the list of properties
that have the final flag to true. Similar to this format, the "password"
attribute with a list of properties that are of Password type could be
stored in the same column. When the UI needs to decide whether the property
is required to be masked or not, this information from the DB will help in
making the decision for Custom properties.

I have a prototype ready and have posted a couple of screenshots on the
JIRA *AMBARI-17041 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-17041>*
Please provide your suggestions to help me proceed further.

Thank you,
Keta