ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Swapan Shridhar <sshrid...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Code Review groups
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2016 20:44:10 GMT
+1. Makes sense.

Thanks.

Regards,
Swapan.

On 6/2/16, 1:27 PM, "Robert Levas" <rlevas@hortonworks.com> wrote:

>Alejandro, I agree.  I just hope we (as a group) can manage the wiki page without letting
it get too stale over time.

>+1
>
>Rob
>

>On 6/2/16, 12:55 PM, "Alejandro Fernandez" <afernandez@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi committers and contributors,
>>
>>I'm sure most of you have ran into this before; whenever I submit a code review I'm
always curious to find out which reviewers I should include that are knowledgeable in that
area.
>>So I'll typically run git blame to find the last 2-3 people that worked on those files,
which takes time and may include reviewers no longer interested in that code area or miss
reviewers that are interested.
>>I want to propose a wiki where developers sign up to be reviewers for a particular
section, could be a feature, directory, etc.

>>Thoughts?
>>
>>This allows developers to opt-in to areas of interest (even outside of their current
expertise), should produce better code reviews, and make it easier for new contributors to
find the right people.