ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Sposetti <j...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Grafana in Ambari-2.2.2
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2016 14:51:34 GMT
Hi,

Starting with Ambari 2.2.2 (and Ambari Metrics that comes with Ambari
2.2.2), you will need to include ³GRAFANA² component to your blueprint
(you can go host with METRICS_COLLECTOR).

Or at this stage, if you already have your cluster, since Ambari does not
allow you to install Master components via Components -> Add, this is what
you can do:

1) Add the METRICS_GRAFANA component to Ambari:
curl -u admin:admin -H "X-Requested-By:ambari" -i -X POST
http://ambari.server:8080/api/v1/clusters/cluster.name/services/AMBARI_METR
ICS/components/METRICS_GRAFANA

2) Add METRICS_GRAFANA to a host in the cluster.

curl -u admin:admin -H "X-Requested-By:ambari" -i -X POST -d
'{"host_components":[{"HostRoles":{"component_name":"METRICS_GRAFANA"}}]}'
http://ambari.server:8080/api/v1/clusters/cluster.name/hosts?Hosts/host_nam
e=host.name

3) From Ambari Web, browse to Services > Ambari Metrics and you will see
Grafana is in the Install PendingŠ state. You need to complete the
configuration of Grafana before installing and starting.

4) To complete the configuration, click on Configs and you will need to
enter the default Grafana Admin Password. Click Save.

5) Browse to Hosts > host.name (i.e. the host.name used in the API call
where you added Grafana). You will see the Grafana component is in an
Install PendingŠ state. Use the Install PendingŠ action button and select
Re-install.

Cheers.