ambari-dev mailing list archives

From "Jiang, Ruhua" <rji...@akamai.com>
Subject HDFS depends on Zookeeper in install web UI
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2016 18:58:25 GMT
Anyone from dev mail list can help ? Thanks

Ruhua

From: Ruhua Jiang <rjiang@akamai.com<mailto:rjiang@akamai.com>>
Date: Friday, March 25, 2016 at 11:59 AM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>" <user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>>
Subject: HDFS depends on Zookeeper in install web UI

Hi all,

I am experimenting Ambari.  I just want to install HDFS for now, however, when I click choosing
HDFS service, the UI reminds me  “zookeeper needed” and then zookeeper is automatically
added .   HDFS its alone should not depends  zookeeper right?  I have already have a zookeeper
cluster and I don’t need to deploy then anymore.  Same thing happens for kafka.

Question 1:
Which part of the code related to this “dependency enforcement”?   I can’t find it in
“ ambari-server/var/lib/ambari-server/resources/stacks/HDP/2.4/services/metainfo.xml”
  and “ambari-server/var/lib/ambari-server/resources/stacks/ambari-server/resources/stacks/stack_advisor.py”.
Anyone can help point it out?

Question 2:
I understand the UI calls the REST api.  So is “dependency enforcement”  a UI specific
thing (some magic javascript sitting somewhere ) or I can get around with calling blueprints
REST API?

Thanks :)

Ruhua Jiang