ambari-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Andrew Onischuk (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Updated] (AMBARI-15048) ambari should make sure it uses only leaf queue name in configs
Date Fri, 19 Feb 2016 15:01:18 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-15048?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Andrew Onischuk updated AMBARI-15048:
-------------------------------------
    Attachment: AMBARI-15048.patch

> ambari should make sure it uses only leaf queue name in configs
> ---------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: AMBARI-15048
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-15048
>             Project: Ambari
>          Issue Type: Bug
>            Reporter: Andrew Onischuk
>            Assignee: Andrew Onischuk
>             Fix For: 2.2.2
>
>         Attachments: AMBARI-15048.patch, AMBARI-15048.patch
>
>
> I have a cluster where i have nested queues like hive.tpcds, hive.tpch etc.
> What i noticed when i added ranger to my cluster my hive configs changed for
> hive server2 default queue names to hive.tpcds etc. Fully qualified queue
> names do no work.
> Instead
> ambari should make sure it should queue names to just the leaf node like
> tpcds, tpch etc. In the CS view we probably also need to make sure that leaf
> queue names are unique.
> So after adding ranger HS2 service alerts started showing and HS2 died as it
> was referring to a queue that yarn does not resolve. So i had to revert the
> queue config change to only have leaf nodes. Thats how i had setup the cluster
> before



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

Mime
View raw message