ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Hurley <jhur...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Ru/EU not updating alert definitions in Ambari server db?
Date Tue, 23 Feb 2016 18:23:31 GMT
No, they are not updated; however, stack inheritance should allow you to reference the files
from the new stack. We've performed many different upgrades both both inter-stack and intra-stack
and have never seen any issues with alert definitions.

> On Feb 23, 2016, at 1:13 PM, Di Li <lovelycoast@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> Hello folks,
>
> Do RU and EU handle updating alert definitions stored in the Ambari server database?

> Based on what I tested, alert definitions, especially the paths to alert_***.py Python
scripts are not updated by neither RU and EU. meaning if I changed the path to the alert_***.py
scripts in a new release, the alert definitions are broken and certain components would show
with a UNKNOWN alert state after I run RU/EU.