ambari-dev mailing list archives

From "Harp, Michael" <Michael.H...@Teradata.com>
Subject Re: Debugging Views
Date Sat, 13 Feb 2016 01:13:46 GMT
Figured it out. When deploying with blueprint yarn.timeline-service.store-class=org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.timeline.LeveldbTimelineStore
but when deploying with install wizard yarn.timeline-service.store-class=org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.timeline.EntityGroupFSTimelineStore

Changing the property to org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.timeline.EntityGroupFSTimelineStore
restores the Tez view record display.
Mike

On 2/12/16, 2:57 PM, "Harp, Michael" <Michael.Harp@Teradata.com> wrote:

>Thanks for the tips,
>This is non-secure cluster but also seeing with kerberos enabled. I did start ambari-server
with the debug flag but do not see any errors.
http://timelinehost:8188/ws/v1/timeline/TEZ_DAG_ID?limit=11 returns empty array;
>	{
>	* "entities": [ ]
>
>	}
>
>Acls are set to asterisk in tez config, tez.am.view-acls=*
>
>Using identical blueprint to deploy with ambari-2.1.2.1 and Tez views are working. Issue
with Tez seems to have started with 2.2.0.0.
>I will keep digging.
>Thanks,
>Mike
>

>On 2/12/16, 1:54 PM, "Hitesh Shah" <hitesh@apache.org> wrote:
>
>>Is this a secure or non-secure cluster? Secure clusters need some additional configs
but usually the view should display back an error pointing to the problem.

>>The view errors are usually logged at debug level in the ambari-server ( think there
is an open jira to fix this at some point ). Changing the log level may shed some light on
the issue if there were errors. The common errors are usually:
>>   - misconfiguration of the RM or timeline hosts in the view configuration
>>   - failure to connect/read data from the above servers.
>>
>>Are you seeing the view with the table correctly displayed but having no data in the
rows? Try the following call: http://timelinehost:8188/ws/v1/timeline/TEZ_DAG_ID?limit=11.
If this does not return any data, you will need to debug whether the tez jobs were configured
to write data to ATS. Additionally, if your cluster has acls enabled ( search for acls in
tez-site.xml ), it might not be showing you data based on which user ran the job and if you
are logged in to ambari with a different user id.

>>If you have specific issues with the Tez view, feel free to follow up at user@tez.apache.org
>>
>>thanks
>>— Hitesh
>>
>>On Feb 12, 2016, at 7:14 AM, Harp, Michael <Michael.Harp@Teradata.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone have a technique for debugging view issues? For instance I am not seeing
any job records displayed in the stock Tez view(ambari-2.2.2.0-64) and so far have not found
any clues in ambari-server.log or javascript errors on the frontend.
>>> Thanks,