ambari-dev mailing list archives

From "Harp, Michael" <Michael.H...@Teradata.com>
Subject Re: Debugging Views
Date Fri, 12 Feb 2016 22:57:06 GMT
Thanks for the tips,
This is non-secure cluster but also seeing with kerberos enabled. I did start ambari-server
with the debug flag but do not see any errors.
Yes, tez view displays correctly but show “No records available!". The api endpoint http://timelinehost:8188/ws/v1/timeline/TEZ_DAG_ID?limit=11
returns empty array;
	{
	* "entities": [ ]

	}

Acls are set to asterisk in tez config, tez.am.view-acls=*

Using identical blueprint to deploy with ambari-2.1.2.1 and Tez views are working. Issue with
Tez seems to have started with 2.2.0.0.
I will keep digging.
Thanks,
Mike

On 2/12/16, 1:54 PM, "Hitesh Shah" <hitesh@apache.org> wrote:

>Is this a secure or non-secure cluster? Secure clusters need some additional configs but
usually the view should display back an error pointing to the problem.

>The view errors are usually logged at debug level in the ambari-server ( think there is
an open jira to fix this at some point ). Changing the log level may shed some light on the
issue if there were errors. The common errors are usually:
>   - misconfiguration of the RM or timeline hosts in the view configuration
>   - failure to connect/read data from the above servers.
>
>Are you seeing the view with the table correctly displayed but having no data in the rows?
Try the following call: http://timelinehost:8188/ws/v1/timeline/TEZ_DAG_ID?limit=11. If this
does not return any data, you will need to debug whether the tez jobs were configured to write
data to ATS. Additionally, if your cluster has acls enabled ( search for acls in tez-site.xml
), it might not be showing you data based on which user ran the job and if you are logged
in to ambari with a different user id.

>If you have specific issues with the Tez view, feel free to follow up at user@tez.apache.org
>
>thanks
>— Hitesh
>
>On Feb 12, 2016, at 7:14 AM, Harp, Michael <Michael.Harp@Teradata.com> wrote:
>
>> Anyone have a technique for debugging view issues? For instance I am not seeing any
job records displayed in the stock Tez view(ambari-2.2.2.0-64) and so far have not found any
clues in ambari-server.log or javascript errors on the frontend.