ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Hurley <jhur...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: RU: HiveServer2 port conflict when RU 2.2 to 2.3 then to 2.4 ?
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2016 23:23:25 GMT
Yes. Most Ambari administrators actually change this back to 10000 after the upgrade since
they have hard coded scripts which they want to use. We've discussed adding the ability for
a while now to increase by a value instead of setting the port directly. It's just never been
prioritized.

> On Feb 4, 2016, at 4:44 PM, Di Li <lovelycoast@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> Hello folks,
>
> Thanks for the reply.  I was thinking of more like automatically increasing (for RU)
or decreasing (for rolling downgrade) like by 10 against the base port ( aka whatever port
value a customer may specify during the cluster installation time, may not be the default
10000 though).

> For example, if the customer set HiveServer2 port to 30000, then I guess the upgrade
logic would ideally be able to change it to 30010 for RU (like port_value + 10)  and set that
back to 30000 (like port_value - 10) for downgrade.

Nate Cole <ncole@hortonworks.com>; Jonathan Hurley <jhurley@hortonworks.com>