ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Hitesh Shah <hit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Debugging Views
Date Fri, 12 Feb 2016 21:54:24 GMT
Is this a secure or non-secure cluster? Secure clusters need some additional configs but usually
the view should display back an error pointing to the problem.

The view errors are usually logged at debug level in the ambari-server ( think there is an
open jira to fix this at some point ). Changing the log level may shed some light on the issue
if there were errors. The common errors are usually:
   - misconfiguration of the RM or timeline hosts in the view configuration
   - failure to connect/read data from the above servers.

Are you seeing the view with the table correctly displayed but having no data in the rows?
Try the following call: http://timelinehost:8188/ws/v1/timeline/TEZ_DAG_ID?limit=11. If this
does not return any data, you will need to debug whether the tez jobs were configured to write
data to ATS. Additionally, if your cluster has acls enabled ( search for acls in tez-site.xml
), it might not be showing you data based on which user ran the job and if you are logged
in to ambari with a different user id.

If you have specific issues with the Tez view, feel free to follow up at user@tez.apache.org

thanks
— Hitesh

On Feb 12, 2016, at 7:14 AM, Harp, Michael <Michael.Harp@Teradata.com> wrote:

> Anyone have a technique for debugging view issues? For instance I am not seeing any job
records displayed in the stock Tez view(ambari-2.2.2.0-64) and so far have not found any clues
in ambari-server.log or javascript errors on the frontend.