ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Di Li <lovelyco...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Is HiveServer2 rolling restart wrongly deregister the new HiveServer2 instance?
Date Fri, 19 Feb 2016 23:07:44 GMT
Hello there,

I am looking at Hive Server2 rolling ugprade code.

For the code here, Ambari issues post_upgrade_deregister() at the end of the start method
call. The deregister calculates the "current version" of Hive via hive --version cmd.
Since the deregister is at the end of the start method, is the version calculated be the one
for the update hive and thus the deregister is deregister the new hive server2 instance (the
one started on 10010). I think the goal is to deregister the old instance running on 10000
port.

def start(self, env, upgrade_type=None):
    import params
    env.set_params(params)
    self.configure(env) # FOR SECURITY

    hive_service( 'hiveserver2', action = 'start', upgrade_type=upgrade_type)

    # only perform this if upgrading and rolling; a non-rolling upgrade doesn't need
    # to do this since hive is already down
    if upgrade_type == UPGRADE_TYPE_ROLLING:
      hive_server_upgrade.post_upgrade_deregister()