ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Di Li <lovelyco...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: RU: HiveServer2 port conflict when RU 2.2 to 2.3 then to 2.4 ?
Date Fri, 05 Feb 2016 14:43:08 GMT
Hello folks,
Do we have a JIRA to track this one already?
Thanks
Di.

      From: Jonathan Hurley <jhurley@hortonworks.com>
 To: Ambari <dev@ambari.apache.org>; Di Li <lovelycoast@yahoo.com>
Cc: Nate Cole <ncole@hortonworks.com>
 Sent: Thursday, February 4, 2016 6:23 PM
 Subject: Re: RU: HiveServer2 port conflict when RU 2.2 to 2.3 then to 2.4 ?

Yes. Most Ambari administrators actually change this back to 10000 after the upgrade since
they have hard coded scripts which they want to use. We've discussed adding the ability for
a while now to increase by a value instead of setting the port directly. It's just never been
prioritized.

> On Feb 4, 2016, at 4:44 PM, Di Li <lovelycoast@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> Hello folks,
>
> Thanks for the reply.  I was thinking of more like automatically increasing (for RU)
or decreasing (for rolling downgrade) like by 10 against the base port ( aka whatever port
value a customer may specify during the cluster installation time, may not be the default
10000 though).

> For example, if the customer set HiveServer2 port to 30000, then I guess the upgrade
logic would ideally be able to change it to 30010 for RU (like port_value + 10)  and set
that back to 30000 (like port_value - 10) for downgrade.

Nate Cole <ncole@hortonworks.com>; Jonathan Hurley <jhurley@hortonworks.com>