ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Hill <greg.h...@RACKSPACE.COM>
Subject Python client
Date Thu, 07 Jan 2016 20:07:33 GMT
I talked to Alejandro a while back about submitting my Python client (https://github.com/jimbobhickville/python-ambariclient)
and he was in favor of it, but I let it fall on the backburner due to pressing issues at work.
 I'd like to contribute it now, but I have a couple questions:

1. How does Apache manage Pypi releases for their projects?  I've already released it under
my own account, but I can transfer it as needed.
2. Do we only do Pypi releases when new Ambari versions are released or can we do them out-of-band
to fix client-only bugs? I don't believe the old client was released to Pypi, so this might
be something I need to ask of a Python-based Apache project liked libcloud.

I'm slightly concerned about transferring it without having a commit bit.  I don't expect
a lot of committers will want to contribute to it, and that's fine, but I'd hate to have to
wait a long time to get changes from my team committed.  Any suggestions for how to make sure
it gets attention from committers when changes are needed?

Greg