ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Levas <rle...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Remimder: Preparing for Ambari 2.2.1
Date Mon, 25 Jan 2016 13:58:34 GMT
Team…

I am getting ready to create the new branch.  Please refrain from committing to branch-2.2
until further notice.

Thanks,

Rob

On 1/21/16, 9:20 AM, "Robert Levas" <rlevas@hortonworks.com> wrote:

>Team,
>
>Sorry for the late notice.  We are preparing to create a release candidate for Ambari
2.2.1.  In an effort to ensure only the relevant code changes make it into this release, I
plan to create a new branch (branch-2.2.1, using branch-2.2.0) on Monday, 1/25, around 9am
EST.

>After this branch has been created, an RC will be created soon after so we (as a team)
should only accept patches for blocker issues only. If you have any doubts whether a fix should
be committed into branch-2.2.1, please email me for input at rlevas@hortonworks.com.

>If you have a patch that is to be committed, make sure it is committed to the trunk first
and then to the branch. Also, make sure that any patches do not break any unit tests. So please
run all unit tests before committing.