ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Alejandro Fernandez <afernan...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Issue removing and re-adding the components in Ambari
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2015 18:25:55 GMT
Hi Darpan,

I suspect that the curl call to delete KNOX only removed it from some of the database tables.
Removing a services does not make any modifications to the actual agents, such as removing
bits and configs.
If you re-add that service you may have to make sure that no other tables have references
to it. E.g.

DELETE FROM hostcomponentstate WHERE service_name IN ('KNOX');
DELETE FROM hostcomponentdesiredstate WHERE service_name IN ('KNOX');
DELETE FROM servicecomponentdesiredstate WHERE service_name IN ('KNOX');
DELETE FROM servicedesiredstate WHERE service_name IN ('KNOX');
DELETE FROM clusterservices WHERE service_name IN ('KNOXr');

Thanks,
Alejandro

From: Darpan Patel <darpanbe@gmail.com<mailto:darpanbe@gmail.com>>
Date: Tuesday, December 8, 2015 at 7:32 AM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>" <user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>>,
"dev@ambari.apache.org<mailto:dev@ambari.apache.org>" <dev@ambari.apache.org<mailto:dev@ambari.apache.org>>
Subject: Issue removing and re-adding the components in Ambari

Hi folks,

I am running Version 2.1.2 of Ambari , HDP 2.3 on multinode cluster.
I was facing the issues in Knox component so decided to remove the service and re-install
it.
So I removed issued following command and it disappeared through Ambari web portal.
// valid admin
curl -v -u admin:Ambari-AdminPassword -H "X-Requested-By:ambari" -X DELETE "http://AMBARI_HOST:8080/api/v1/clusters/SecureCluster/services/KNOX"

However when I check in the /usr/hdp/2.3.2.0-2950 directory I found that knox-server and it's
directories were not removed. I manually deleted this directory and re-initiated the Knox
setup through Ambari. It goes up to step 6 and shows a popup saying : Internal Server error.

When I check the Ambari-server logs it looks like service is already present.

Caused by: Exception [EclipseLink-4002] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 2.5.2.v20140319-9ad6abd):
org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.DatabaseException
Internal Exception: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: duplicate key value violates
unique constraint "clusterservices_pkey"
  Detail: Key (service_name, cluster_id)=(KNOX, 2) already exists.
Error Code: 0
Call: INSERT INTO clusterservices (service_name, service_enabled, cluster_id) VALUES (?, ?,
?)
        bind => [3 parameters bound]
Query: InsertObjectQuery(org.apache.ambari.server.orm.entities.ServiceDesiredStateEntity@fadf9954)
        at org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.DatabaseException.sqlException(DatabaseException.java:340)
        at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.databaseaccess.DatabaseAccessor.processExceptionForCommError(DatabaseAccessor.java:1611)
        at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.databaseaccess.DatabaseAccessor.executeDirectNoSelect(DatabaseAccessor.java:898)
        at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.databaseaccess.DatabaseAccessor.executeNoSelect(DatabaseAccessor.java:962)
        at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.databaseaccess.DatabaseAccessor.basicExecuteCall(DatabaseAccessor.java:631)
        at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.databaseaccess.ParameterizedSQLBatchWritingMechanism.executeBatch(ParameterizedSQLBatchWritingMechanism.java:149)
        at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.databaseaccess.ParameterizedSQLBatchWritingMechanism.executeBatchedStatements(ParameterizedSQLBatchWritingMechanism.java:134)
        at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.databaseaccess.ParameterizedSQLBatchWritingMechanism.appendCall(ParameterizedSQLBatchWritingMechanism.java:82)
Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: duplicate key value violates unique constraint
"clusterservices_pkey"
  Detail: Key (service_name, cluster_id)=(KNOX, 2) already exists.
        at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse(QueryExecutorImpl.java:2161)
        at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1890)

What is the way around? Am I supposed to manually remove the Ambari related database/tables,
in which scenario which db/table should we update manually?

Regards,
DP