ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Jaimin Jetly <jai...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [IMPORTANT] [ANNOUNCE] Upcoming Ambari Version to be renamed: 2.1.3 --> 2.2.0
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2015 20:58:05 GMT
I have completed the follow-up actions.

Going forward, please commit any patches intended for Ambari-2.2.0 (next Ambari release) to
branch-2.2
Also while reporting issues on Apache Ambari, please use “2.2.0” as the affect/fix version
for Ambari-2.2.0 release.

— Thanks
  Jaimin

On 12/3/15, 12:26 PM, "Jaimin Jetly" <jaimin@hortonworks.com> wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>We had initially identified upcoming Ambari release version to be 2.1.3. It was supposed
to be a maintenance release to further stabilize 2.1.x line. But it turns out that apart from
stabilization effort, We have committed few new features to Ambari 2.1 branch.

>As of now there are 706 issues marked for 2.1.3 release out of which 672 are resolved.
>
>Looking at the scope and size of this release, Ambari Project Management Committee has
decided that the release should be a two-didgit release and so it should be renamed to 2.2.0

>As a result of this decision following actions will be done immediately:
>
>  1.  All Apache Ambari Jira’s affect and fix version marked as 2.1.3 will be changed
to 2.2.0
>  2.  A new branch "branch-2.2" will be created from branch-2.1 which will be used towards
upcoming Ambari release.

>I will update the Ambari community on this email thread once I have completed above actions.
Until then please hold on to any commits intended for upcoming ambari release version.