ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Levas <rle...@hortonworks.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Ambari Server Role-base Access Control
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2015 02:13:38 GMT

Please review JIRA-11350 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-11350) and the attached
PDF (https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12771480/AmbariRole-basedAccessControl.pdf).
 They contain details about adding role-based access control to the Ambari Server.

Currently we support a few levels a course grained permissions (Ambari Administrator, Cluster
Operator, etc…); however this is limited and we need finer grain control over access to
administrator and user features. The short term implementation details do not fully allow
for customized roles.  I believe in the long term this is where the product will be headed
– so some implementation details were structured to allow for such enhancements.

Please comment by 11/11 so we can get started on the implementation.

Thanks,
Rob