ambari-dev mailing list archives

From "Prashant Tambe" <pta...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Question on "New MySQL Database" hive database option for suse11
Date Thu, 19 Nov 2015 03:56:39 GMT

Hi,

I have a question on AMBARI-8421 - "New MySQL Database" hive database
option should not be displayed for suse11.This behavior is different than
other OS. Looking at the AMBARI-8421 description it is not very clear why
this decision was made. I also found an older jira AMBARI-8105 - Hide "New
MySQL Database" option for Hive in Install Wizard / Add Service Wizard if
OS family is redhat5 or sles11, however this too is confusing.

Can someone explain the reason behind hiding/removing "New MySQL Database"
option for suse11 ?

Thanks,
Prashant