ambari-dev mailing list archives

From "Di Li" <d...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Is it by design - rolling upgrade said it aborted but kept on running subsequent steps
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2015 17:06:20 GMT
Hello folks

I was testing rolling upgrade in Ambari 2.1.0. During the rolling upgrade,
a node went offline, causing the rolling upgrade to print a message saying
upgrade aborted, but the rolling upgrade actually kept on going.  My RU
run actually reached the finalize stage later on.

Is this by design to allow the RU to continue even when it printed the
message about upgrade aborted?

P.S
        I found AMBARI-11596 that sort of touch on aborted rolling
upgrade. But I am not sure if the JIRA is related to the observation I
had.

Thank you.

Di Li
InfoSphere BigInsights