ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Sumit Mohanty <smoha...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Question on "New MySQL Database" hive database option for suse11
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2015 05:05:23 GMT
I believe Hive has MySQL 5.6 as the minimum required version and Suse11's default MySQL version
is lower than that - 5.5 to be exact.

-Sumit
From: Prashant Tambe <ptambe@us.ibm.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2015 7:56 PM
To: dev@ambari.apache.org
Subject: Question on "New MySQL Database" hive database option for suse11

Hi,

I have a question on AMBARI-8421 - "New MySQL Database" hive database
option should not be displayed for suse11.This behavior is different than
other OS. Looking at the AMBARI-8421 description it is not very clear why
this decision was made. I also found an older jira AMBARI-8105 - Hide "New
MySQL Database" option for Hive in Install Wizard / Add Service Wizard if
OS family is redhat5 or sles11, however this too is confusing.

Can someone explain the reason behind hiding/removing "New MySQL Database"
option for suse11 ?

Thanks,
Prashant