ambari-dev mailing list archives

From 张炜 <zhangwei...@gmail.com>
Subject Error: Your requested host "master" could not be resolved by DNS
Date Fri, 16 Oct 2015 09:04:01 GMT
Dear all,
I am using VMware workstation and have created 3 nodes to build a HDP
cluster. I named the 3 nodes:
*master*
*node1*
*node2*

Ambari-Server got successfully installed, but when I try to start all
services, I saw the following error message:

resource_management.core.exceptions.Fail: Execution of 'curl -sS -L -w
'%{http_code}' -X PUT '
http://master:50070/webhdfs/v1/tmp?op=MKDIRS&user.name=hdfs'' returned
status_code=404.

<TITLE>Network Error</TITLE>
<big>Network Error (dns_unresolved_hostname)</big>
Your requested host "master" could not be resolved by DNS.

I have added in /etc/hosts the information below:

192.168.136.7   master
192.168.136.8   node1
192.168.136.9   node2

I also verified the passwordless SSH is successful between these 3 nodes.

Please let me know what configuration is needed to make the webHDFS related
services running, currently NameNode, HMaster etc. cannot run and the
cluster cannot be used.
Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Sai