ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Cody Marcel <cmar...@salesforce.com>
Subject HBase Cross DC Replicaiton
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2015 18:21:38 GMT
I have searched the docs for replication and only found info on RS replicas
and the HA wall stuff. I've not had any luck finding info on how Ambari
supports traditional HBase replication. Setting the site.xml property
hbase.replication is fairly straight forward I think. The part I am unclear
on is managing add/removal of peers. Does Ambari support this through
configuration of the master by giving it the slave cluster's zk quorum? Can
ambari automatically manage this through the admin? Is it a manual process
to go into the shell and add this info once a cluster is up? Any docs on
this would be greatly appreciated.

~Cody