ambari-dev mailing list archives

From "Tuong Truong" <tctru...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Proposal for making Ambari more distro agnostic
Date Wed, 14 Oct 2015 00:31:38 GMT

Hello Apache Ambari community,

Since Ambari 2.0, JIRA AMBARI-7201 introduced common services in an effort
to make the services reusable in vendor specific stacks.   However, current
common services codes still have lots of HDP stack/version specific
assumption and references which make them not reusable in non-HDP-like
stacks.   We have created an umbrella JIRA (AMBARI-13363) to help make
Ambari more distro agnostic.   Sub-feature JIRA (AMBARI-13364) is
specifically tracking the work to make common services more consumable by
other stacks.   We have put together a proposed design and would appreciate
feedback from the community on this to finalize the approach.

Please help review https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-13364   and
add comments / questions to the JIRA.

Respectfully,
Tuong Truong