ambari-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Siddharth Wagle (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Comment Edited] (AMBARI-13174) METRICS_COLLECTOR is not live messages are flooding the log files
Date Tue, 22 Sep 2015 22:31:05 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-13174?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=14903571#comment-14903571
] 

Siddharth Wagle edited comment on AMBARI-13174 at 9/22/15 10:30 PM:
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Fixed in 2.1.2, using Atomic counters.

{code}
18 Sep 2015 17:54:13,864  INFO [qtp-client-22] MetricsPropertyProvider:525 - METRICS_COLLECTOR
host is not live. Skip populating resources with metrics, next message will be logged after
1000 attempts.
{code}

Example => Line 523:
https://github.com/apache/ambari/blob/trunk/ambari-server/src/main/java/org/apache/ambari/server/controller/metrics/timeline/AMSPropertyProvider.java


was (Author: swagle):
Fixed in 2.1.2, using Atomic counters.

{code}
18 Sep 2015 17:54:13,864  INFO [qtp-client-22] MetricsPropertyProvider:525 - METRICS_COLLECTOR
host is not live. Skip populating resources with metrics, next message will be logged after
1000 attempts.
{code}

> METRICS_COLLECTOR is not live messages are flooding the log files
> -----------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: AMBARI-13174
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-13174
>             Project: Ambari
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: ambari-web
>    Affects Versions: 2.1.1
>            Reporter: Istvan Szukacs
>            Priority: Critical
>              Labels: log
>   Original Estimate: 2h
>  Remaining Estimate: 2h
>
> It seems that the any time MetricsPropertyProvider floods the log files for no good reason.
This should be a DEBUG log instead of an INFO or it should be logged once when the METRICS_COLLECTOR
gets enabled or disabled.
> {code}
> 21 Sep 2015 21:15:34,697  INFO [qtp-client-551] MetricsPropertyProvider:525 - METRICS_COLLECTOR
is not live. Skip populating resources with metrics.
> 21 Sep 2015 21:15:34,697  INFO [qtp-client-551] MetricsPropertyProvider:525 - METRICS_COLLECTOR
is not live. Skip populating resources with metrics.
> 21 Sep 2015 21:15:34,697  INFO [qtp-client-551] MetricsPropertyProvider:525 - METRICS_COLLECTOR
is not live. Skip populating resources with metrics.
> 21 Sep 2015 21:15:34,698  INFO [qtp-client-551] MetricsPropertyProvider:525 - METRICS_COLLECTOR
is not live. Skip populating resources with metrics.
> 21 Sep 2015 21:15:34,698  INFO [qtp-client-551] MetricsPropertyProvider:525 - METRICS_COLLECTOR
is not live. Skip populating resources with metrics.
> 21 Sep 2015 21:15:34,699  INFO [qtp-client-551] MetricsPropertyProvider:525 - METRICS_COLLECTOR
is not live. Skip populating resources with metrics.
> 21 Sep 2015 21:15:34,699  INFO [qtp-client-551] MetricsPropertyProvider:525 - METRICS_COLLECTOR
is not live. Skip populating resources with metrics.
> 21 Sep 2015 21:15:34,699  INFO [qtp-client-551] MetricsPropertyProvider:525 - METRICS_COLLECTOR
is not live. Skip populating resources with metrics.
> 21 Sep 2015 21:15:34,700  INFO [qtp-client-551] MetricsPropertyProvider:525 - METRICS_COLLECTOR
is not live. Skip populating resources with metrics.
> 21 Sep 2015 21:15:34,700  INFO [qtp-client-551] MetricsPropertyProvider:525 - METRICS_COLLECTOR
is not live. Skip populating resources with metrics.
> 21 Sep 2015 21:15:34,700  INFO [qtp-client-551] MetricsPropertyProvider:525 - METRICS_COLLECTOR
is not live. Skip populating resources with metrics.
> 21 Sep 2015 21:15:34,701  INFO [qtp-client-551] MetricsPropertyProvider:525 - METRICS_COLLECTOR
is not live. Skip populating resources with metrics.
> 21 Sep 2015 21:15:34,701  INFO [qtp-client-551] MetricsPropertyProvider:525 - METRICS_COLLECTOR
is not live. Skip populating resources with metrics.
> 21 Sep 2015 21:15:34,702  INFO [qtp-client-551] MetricsPropertyProvider:525 - METRICS_COLLECTOR
is not live. Skip populating resources with metrics.
> 21 Sep 2015 21:15:34,702  INFO [qtp-client-551] MetricsPropertyProvider:525 - METRICS_COLLECTOR
is not live. Skip populating resources with metrics.
> 21 Sep 2015 21:15:34,702  INFO [qtp-client-551] MetricsPropertyProvider:525 - METRICS_COLLECTOR
is not live. Skip populating resources with metrics.
> 21 Sep 2015 21:15:34,735  INFO [qtp-client-559] MetricsPropertyProvider:525 - METRICS_COLLECTOR
is not live. Skip populating resources with metrics.
> {code}



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

Mime
View raw message