ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Hill <greg.h...@RACKSPACE.COM>
Subject Python client abandoned?
Date Tue, 08 Sep 2015 14:44:09 GMT
The Python client hasn't been updated in a year or so:

https://github.com/apache/ambari/tree/trunk/ambari-client/python-client/src/main/python

I tried to work with Subin to modernize it previously but things didn't work out so I ended
up making my own client:

https://github.com/jimbobhickville/python-ambariclient

We've been using it here at Rackspace for nearly a year now and it's been pretty great.  Easy
to use, easy to work on, and much more full-featured than the existing client.  I'd love to
contribute it back as the official Python client, since the existing one is broken and missing
a lot of features (for example, it can't create clusters since Ambari 1.7, and has no support
for newer features like metrics).

I know there is some work to be done to make it integrate better with the existing Ambari
tooling, but I wanted to reach out and see if such an addition would be welcome.  If it is,
we can sort out what all requirements need to be met before it can be integrated back in.

Greg