ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Hurley <jhur...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Ambari Server alerts
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2015 20:01:16 GMT
Hi Milos,

You can use the alert_definition endpoint to create the SERVER alert. See https://github.com/apache/ambari/blob/trunk/ambari-server/docs/api/v1/alert-definitions.md

As an example:

POST api/v1/clusters/<cluster>/alert_definitions

{
  "AlertDefinition": {
    "name": “my_server_side_alert",
    "label": “My Server Alert",
    "description": "This alert is triggered test when foo.",
    "interval": 1,
    "service_name": "AMBARI",
    "component_name": "AMBARI_SERVER",
    "scope": "HOST",
    "enabled": true,
    "source": {
      "type": "SERVER",
      "class": “com.mycompany.AlertRunnable"
    }
  }

Note that you’ll need to have started Ambari Server with the runnable you reference already
on the class path, otherwise the class loader won’t be able to find it.

On Sep 3, 2015, at 3:54 PM, Obradovic, Milos (Contractor) <milos_obradovic@fanniemae.com<mailto:milos_obradovic@fanniemae.com>>