ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Chen He <airb...@gmail.com>
Subject Ambari reports false alarm when Ambari metrics are down
Date Mon, 13 Jul 2015 17:19:24 GMT
I met a problem about Ambari when I use it. Here is a problem

When Ambari is installing, the "sudo" command is actually
"/usr/local/bin/sudo", it works fine.

However, after I installed everything successfully, I create a soft link:

/usr/bin/sudo -> /usr/local/bin/sudo

Then, all ambari metrics are down and all other services were shown on
WebUI down consequently. I checked process on each node using "ps aux|grep
java", except ambari metrics, all other service are healthy.

If I remove the soft link, ambari metrics can be recovered by restarting.

I think as a monitoring software, it shouldn't depend on which "sudo" on
the host system.

If there is no tracking ticket, I am happy to create one

Regards!

Chen