ambari-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Dmitro Lisnichenko" <dlysniche...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Review Request 36520: Manual Stack Upgrade - Unable to set current after upgrade from 2.2 -> 2.3
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2015 19:39:06 GMT


> On July 15, 2015, 7:25 p.m., Jonathan Hurley wrote:
> > ambari-server/src/main/java/org/apache/ambari/server/controller/internal/ClusterStackVersionResourceProvider.java,
lines 536-541
> > <https://reviews.apache.org/r/36520/diff/1/?file=1012854#file1012854line536>
> >
> >     A few things about this change:
> >     - If the cluster's desired stack (or current stack) is already at the right
version, then we shouldn't do any work here.
> >     - Should there be any checks in here to see if we should be setting the cluster's
desired stack? What if the PUT was not setting the cluster to CURRENT, then we would not want
to do this.

>> If the cluster's desired stack (or current stack) is already at the right version,
then we shouldn't do any work here.
we will just update it with the value it already contains

>> Should there be any checks in here to see if we should be setting the cluster's desired
stack? What if the PUT was not setting the cluster to CURRENT, then we would not want to do
this.
there only usage of this method running Finalize


- Dmitro


-----------------------------------------------------------
This is an automatically generated e-mail. To reply, visit:
https://reviews.apache.org/r/36520/#review91803
-----------------------------------------------------------


On July 15, 2015, 7:03 p.m., Dmitro Lisnichenko wrote:
> 
> -----------------------------------------------------------
> This is an automatically generated e-mail. To reply, visit:
> https://reviews.apache.org/r/36520/
> -----------------------------------------------------------
> 
> (Updated July 15, 2015, 7:03 p.m.)
> 
> 
> Review request for Ambari, Alejandro Fernandez, Jonathan Hurley, Mahadev Konar, and Nate
Cole.
> 
> 
> Bugs: AMBARI-12425
>     https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-12425
> 
> 
> Repository: ambari
> 
> 
> Description
> -------
> 
> 1) Ambari 2.0.0 + HDP 2.2.6, hdfs, yarn, mr, zk
> 2) upgrade to Ambari 2.1.0 build #1455
> 3) All looks good. Perform manual upgrade to HDP 2.3 #2557
> 4) All looks good. Go to finish and set-current. fails.
> [root@c6401 conf]# ambari-server set-current --cluster-name=MyCluster --version-display-name=HDP-2.3.0.0
> Using python  /usr/bin/python2.6
> Setting current version...
> Enter Ambari Admin login: admin
> Enter Ambari Admin password: 
> ERROR: Exiting with exit code 1. 
> REASON: Error during setting current version. Http status code - 500. 
>  {
>   "status" : 500,
>   "message" : "org.apache.ambari.server.controller.spi.SystemException: Finalization
failed. More details: \nSTDOUT: Begin finalizing the upgrade of cluster MyCluster to version
2.3.0.0-2557\n\nSTDERR: Cluster stack version 2.3.0.0-2557 not found"
> }
> 
> 
> Diffs
> -----
> 
>   ambari-server/src/main/java/org/apache/ambari/server/controller/internal/ClusterStackVersionResourceProvider.java
03b98af 
>   ambari-server/src/test/java/org/apache/ambari/server/controller/internal/ClusterStackVersionResourceProviderTest.java
db3eca7 
> 
> Diff: https://reviews.apache.org/r/36520/diff/
> 
> 
> Testing
> -------
> 
> Manual upgrade works now
> Trying to see if manual downgrade works
> 
> Unit tests of ClusterStackVersionResourceProviderTest work
> Have not finished full mvn test yet, but should work unless ClusterStackVersionResourceProvider
is invoked in some advanced way from somewhere
> 
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> Dmitro Lisnichenko
> 
>


Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message