ambari-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Di Li" <d...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Review Request 35823: AMBARI-12107 Moving RM on a RM HA enabled cluster does not update the yarn.resourcemanager.webapp.address and yarn.resourcemanager.webapp.https.address
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2015 16:58:22 GMT

-----------------------------------------------------------
This is an automatically generated e-mail. To reply, visit:
https://reviews.apache.org/r/35823/
-----------------------------------------------------------

(Updated July 7, 2015, 4:58 p.m.)


Review request for Ambari, Alejandro Fernandez, Jaimin Jetly, and Yusaku Sako.


Bugs: AMBARI-12107
    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-12107


Repository: ambari


Description
-------

This jira is to add some UI logic to update two more RM configuration properties when user
moves the RM (when YARN RM HA enabled) from one node to another via Ambari web UI.


I have a 3 node cluster, node1, node2, and node3.

1. I enabled RM HA, where the node1 and node 2 are the RM active and standby nodes respectively.
2. I then moved RM from node 1 to node 3 via the "Move ResourceManager" menu item on the UI.
The move finished successfully.
3. I noticed yarn.resourcemanager.hostname.rm1 was changed from node1 to node3 correctly.
yarn.resourcemanager.webapp.address.rm1 however still had value "node1:8088", yarn.resourcemanager.webapp.https.address.rm1
still had value "node1:8090"

It seems to me that ambari-web\app\controllers\main\service\reassign\step4_controller.js only
updates yarn.resourcemanager.hostname.rm1(2) when moving the RM. It should also update the
web app http and https values.


Diffs (updated)
-----

  ambari-web/app/controllers/main/service/reassign/step4_controller.js edc9b8f 
  ambari-web/test/controllers/main/service/reassign/step4_controller_test.js 0713abf 

Diff: https://reviews.apache.org/r/35823/diff/


Testing
-------

Updated JS unit tests
Manually patch my cluster, then enabled YARN RM HA, then moved RM from node 1 to node 3, noticed
this time the yarn.resourcemanager.webapp.address.rm1 and yarn.resourcemanager.webapp.https.address.rm1
were updated to contain node1 to contain node3.


Thanks,

Di Li


Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message