ambari-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Andrew Stadtler (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (AMBARI-11008) Hive Metastore Process Alert fails when Hive is running with authorization enabled
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2015 18:56:01 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-11008?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=14592317#comment-14592317
] 

Andrew Stadtler commented on AMBARI-11008:
------------------------------------------

The Hive Metastore check is run by the ambari-qa user. Your ambari-qa user can't start a hive
client because of a permissions issue. I believe this is a /tmp/ambari-qa dir permissions
error your permissions should look like so.

drwxr-xr-x ambari-qa:users  /tmp/ambari-qa

Fix it with

# chmod 755 /tmp/ambari-qa
# chown -R ambari-qa:users /tmp/ambari-qa




> Hive Metastore Process Alert fails when Hive is running with authorization enabled
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: AMBARI-11008
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-11008
>             Project: Ambari
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: alerts
>    Affects Versions: 2.0.0
>         Environment: Ubuntu 12
>            Reporter: Tristen Georgiou
>
> Hive has been custom configured for authorization and I believe the alert is failing
because it doesn't use the configured hive username to perform it's check.
> Here are the relevant config options:
> hive.users.in.admin.role=hdfs
> hive.security.authorization.enabled=true
> hive.security.authorization.manager=org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.security.authorization.plugin.sqlstd.SQLStdHiveAuthorizerFactory
> hive.security.authenticator.manager=org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.security.SessionStateUserAuthenticator
> {noformat}
> Metastore on dev failed (Execution of 'export HIVE_CONF_DIR='/etc/hive/conf.server/'
; hive --hiveconf hive.metastore.uris=thrift://dev:9083 --hiveconf hive.execution.engine=mr
-e 'show databases;' 
> returned 1. 
> 15/05/07 22:38:46 WARN conf.HiveConf: HiveConf of name hive.optimize.mapjoin.mapreduce
does not exist
> 15/05/07 22:38:46 WARN conf.HiveConf: HiveConf of name hive.heapsize does not exist
> 15/05/07 22:38:46 WARN conf.HiveConf: HiveConf of name hive.server2.enable.impersonation
does not exist
> 15/05/07 22:38:46 WARN conf.HiveConf: HiveConf of name hive.auto.convert.sortmerge.join.noconditionaltask
does not exist
> Logging initialized using configuration in file:/etc/hive/conf.server/hive-log4j.properties
> SLF4J: Class path contains multiple SLF4J bindings.
> SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/usr/hdp/2.2.4.2-2/hadoop/lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.7.5.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
> SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/usr/hdp/2.2.4.2-2/hive/lib/hive-jdbc-0.14.0.2.2.4.2-2-standalone.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
> SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#multiple_bindings for an explanation.
> SLF4J: Actual binding is of type [org.slf4j.impl.Log4jLoggerFactory]
> Exception in thread &quot;main&quot; java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException:
java.io.IOException: Permission denied
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.session.SessionState.start(SessionState.java:444)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.run(CliDriver.java:672)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.main(CliDriver.java:616)
> 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
> 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
> 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.run(RunJar.java:221)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.main(RunJar.java:136)
> Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.IOException: Permission denied
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.session.SessionState.start(SessionState.java:437)
> 	... 8 more
> Caused by: java.io.IOException: Permission denied
> 	at java.io.UnixFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method)
> 	at java.io.File.createNewFile(File.java:1006)
> 	at java.io.File.createTempFile(File.java:1989)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.session.SessionState.createTempFile(SessionState.java:712)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.session.SessionState.start(SessionState.java:435)
> 	... 8 more
> )" data-bindattr-3772="3772"><script id="metamorph-4680-start" type="text/x-placeholder"></script>Metastore
on dev failed (Execution of 'export HIVE_CONF_DIR='/etc/hive/conf.server/' ; hive --hiveconf
hive.metastore.uris=thrift://dev:9083 --hiveconf hive.execution.engine=mr -e 'show databases;''
returned 1. 15/05/07 22:38:46 WARN conf.HiveConf: HiveConf of name hive.optimize.mapjoin.mapreduce
does not exist
> 15/05/07 22:38:46 WARN conf.HiveConf: HiveConf of name hive.heapsize does not exist
> 15/05/07 22:38:46 WARN conf.HiveConf: HiveConf of name hive.server2.enable.impersonation
does not exist
> 15/05/07 22:38:46 WARN conf.HiveConf: HiveConf of name hive.auto.convert.sortmerge.join.noconditionaltask
does not exist
> Logging initialized using configuration in file:/etc/hive/conf.server/hive-log4j.properties
> SLF4J: Class path contains multiple SLF4J bindings.
> SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/usr/hdp/2.2.4.2-2/hadoop/lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.7.5.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
> SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/usr/hdp/2.2.4.2-2/hive/lib/hive-jdbc-0.14.0.2.2.4.2-2-standalone.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
> SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#multiple_bindings for an explanation.
> SLF4J: Actual binding is of type [org.slf4j.impl.Log4jLoggerFactory]
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.IOException:
Permission denied
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.session.SessionState.start(SessionState.java:444)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.run(CliDriver.java:672)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.main(CliDriver.java:616)
> 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
> 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
> 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.run(RunJar.java:221)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.main(RunJar.java:136)
> Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.IOException: Permission denied
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.session.SessionState.start(SessionState.java:437)
> 	... 8 more
> Caused by: java.io.IOException: Permission denied
> 	at java.io.UnixFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method)
> 	at java.io.File.createNewFile(File.java:1006)
> 	at java.io.File.createTempFile(File.java:1989)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.session.SessionState.createTempFile(SessionState.java:712)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.session.SessionState.start(SessionState.java:435)
> 	... 8 more
> )
> {noformat}



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

Mime
View raw message