ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Barnett <...@ros.io>
Subject Distributing ssh keys to all registered hosts
Date Thu, 04 Jun 2015 19:42:57 GMT
Hey guys, ran into an issue and I can't seem to think of a solution for
it.  Currently I'm creating a custom service, and it needs to distribute an
ssh key to all hosts, as well as add the corresponding public key to each
host's authorized_keys, this way all hosts will be able to ssh into
eachother.  The catch is I'd like this ssh key to be generated during
installation.

I can't think of a way to accomplish this though.  For example I have an
Ambari host, a master host, and two slave hosts.
If the master host generates a key it can't get it to the slave or Ambari
hosts, because it doesn't currently have passwordless access to any of them.
There isn't to my knowledge a way to run code on the Ambari host unless
it's specified as a master or slave (something I can't rely on), so
generating a key on the Ambari host and distributing it isn't possible.

Is there a way to accomplish this with Ambari currently?  Some solution I'm
missing?

Thanks,
Ben