ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Nettleton <rnettle...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Preparing Ambari 2.1 branch
Date Fri, 29 May 2015 21:27:29 GMT
Hi developers and PMCs,

We’re hoping to release Ambari 2.1 sometime around 6/15/12015.  With this in mind, it seems
to make sense to branch in the next few days, spend about 2 weeks testing/hardening the product,
and work towards a mid-June release date.

I am proposing cutting a new branch branch-2.1 for Ambari 2.1.0 on 6/1/2015 , as per the outlined
tasks in the Ambari Feature + Roadmap page (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=30755705).

After making the branch, we (i.e., development community) should only accept blocker or critical
bug fixes into the branch and harden it until it meets a high enough quality bar.

If you have a bug fix, it should first be committed to trunk, and after ensuring that it does
not break any tests (including smoke tests), then it should be integrated to the Ambari branch-2.1.

If you have any doubts whether a fix should be committed into branch-2.1, please email me
for input at rnettleton@apache.org<mailto:rnettleton@apache.org>.

Stay tuned for updates on the release process.

Thanks
Bob Nettleton