ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Ravi Mutyala <rmuty...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bypass software install on hosts
Date Thu, 30 Apr 2015 23:00:30 GMT
I used ambari to take over an existing cluster long time back. The trick
then was to configure ambari to install all software to dummy locations.
Again, this installs all rpms, just wont disturb you data and
configurations.

Once the install is complete, you can use Rest API, configs.sh and ambari
UI to reconfigure them to point to the right paths.

This obviously takes some downtime and reinstall of packages but data
should be intact.

Thanks