ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Alejandro Fernandez <afernan...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Server unit tests take too long (30+ minutes)
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2015 19:18:17 GMT
+1 to that.

grep -B1 ".*sec$" ~/test_times.txt | sed 's/^.*Time elapsed: \(.*\)$/\1/'

Here's another run with all tests that took over 30 secs. Total time in these 28 test classes
was 28 mins.
The biggest culprit was AmbariManagementControllerTest at 5:28

Running org.apache.ambari.server.agent.TestHeartbeatHandler
89.435 sec

Running org.apache.ambari.server.upgrade.UpgradeTest
76.566 sec

Running org.apache.ambari.server.security.authorization.AmbariLdapAuthenticationProviderForDNWithSpaceTest
55.582 sec

Running org.apache.ambari.server.security.authorization.TestUsers
43.228 sec

Running org.apache.ambari.server.security.authorization.AmbariLdapAuthenticationProviderTest
57.922 sec

Running org.apache.ambari.server.controller.internal.StackDefinedPropertyProviderTest
56.585 sec

Running org.apache.ambari.server.controller.internal.RepositoryVersionResourceProviderTest
60.788 sec

Running org.apache.ambari.server.controller.internal.UpgradeResourceProviderTest
40.329 sec

Running org.apache.ambari.server.controller.internal.HostStackVersionResourceProviderTest
34.812 sec

Running org.apache.ambari.server.controller.internal.StageResourceProviderTest
37.434 sec

Running org.apache.ambari.server.controller.AmbariServerTest
37.638 sec

Running org.apache.ambari.server.controller.AmbariManagementControllerTest
317.327 sec

Running org.apache.ambari.server.actionmanager.TestActionDBAccessorImpl
53.404 sec

Running org.apache.ambari.server.scheduler.ExecutionScheduleManagerTest
34.245 sec

Running org.apache.ambari.server.notifications.dispatchers.SNMPDispatcherTest
34.732 sec

Running org.apache.ambari.server.state.UpgradeHelperTest
35.616 sec

Running org.apache.ambari.server.state.alerts.AlertEventPublisherTest
62.627 sec

Running org.apache.ambari.server.state.alerts.AlertDefinitionHashTest
42.206 sec

Running org.apache.ambari.server.state.alerts.AlertStateChangedEventTest
41.462 sec

Running org.apache.ambari.server.state.stack.UpgradePackTest
72.379 sec

Running org.apache.ambari.server.state.ConfigHelperTest
72.849 sec

Running org.apache.ambari.server.state.svccomphost.ServiceComponentHostTest
50.383 sec

Running org.apache.ambari.server.state.cluster.ClusterTest
69.889 sec

Running org.apache.ambari.server.state.cluster.ClusterDeadlockTest
80.271 sec

Running org.apache.ambari.server.state.ServiceTest
45.443 sec

Running org.apache.ambari.server.orm.dao.AlertsDAOTest
57.077 sec

Running org.apache.ambari.server.orm.dao.AlertDefinitionDAOTest
33.872 sec

Running org.apache.ambari.server.metadata.RoleCommandOrderTest
31.794 sec

Thanks,
Alejandro

On 3/24/15, 11:54 AM, "Jonathan Hurley" <jhurley@hortonworks.com<mailto:jhurley@hortonworks.com>>