ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Hurley <jhur...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Server unit tests take too long (30+ minutes)
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2015 18:54:23 GMT
Many of these, such as the deadlock tests and alert tests are just going to take a long time
due to the nature of what they’re doing. In general, if b.a.o is timing out, we need to
either increase the timeout for the job or change our pom.xml to allow for forked execution
of the tests.

In my local environment, 3 concurrent forks can run through the test suite in about 20 minutes.
The problem is that both LDAP tests below always fail in a forked environment. I’d say if
we want to get the build times down, we should look into making the 2 LDAP tests work with
forked test runners in the pom.xml

> On Mar 24, 2015, at 2:33 PM, Sumit Mohanty <smohanty@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
> ?Hi,
>

> these are some of the unit tests that take too long (more than 30 seconds on my machine).
 There are several that are above 10 seconds but below 30 seconds range that can also use
some optimization.