ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Jayush Luniya <jlun...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Preparing Ambari 2.0.0 branch
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2015 17:58:05 GMT
Hi developers and PMCs,

I am proposing cutting the branch for Ambari 2.0.0 on Wednesday February 18th as per the outlined
tasks in the Ambari Feature + Roadmap page (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=30755705).

After making the branch, we (i.e., development community) should only accept blocker or critical
bug fixes into the branch and harden it until it meets a high enough quality bar.

If you have a bug fix, it should first be committed to trunk, and after ensuring that it does
not break any tests (including smoke tests), then it should be integrated to the Ambari 2.0.0
branch.

If you have any doubts whether a fix should be committed into the 2.0.0 branch, please email
me for input at jluniya@apache.org<mailto:jluniya@apache.org>

Stay tuned for updates on the release process.

Thank you,
Jayush Luniya
Ambari 2.0.0 Release Manager