ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Hurley <jhur...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Maven Headaches Today
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2015 17:00:09 GMT
Hi All,

It seems as though https://github.com/apache/ambari/commit/eac00e7b2c7d6efde278be1f8ae6f419c38166dd
is causing developers some troubles this morning. This commit removes some Java files from
ambari-server and puts a dependency on ambari-metrics-common-2.0.0.JAR. The problem is that
this JAR file is not able to be built properly from the command line and injected into your
~.m2 repository.

I was able to resolve this by rebuilding from the amber root:

mvn clean compile install package -DskipTests

This created the ambari-metrics-common-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar file. However, I then needed to
have my IDE update all Maven dependencies to pick it up.

I think that there is something wrong with the Ambari build in general; building directly
from ambari-metrics should work, so I’ll open a Jira for that today. Hopefully if you run
into this, the above command will get the right dependency setup in your maven repo.