ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Yusaku Sako <yus...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Decommission does not move data
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2014 19:32:16 GMT
How many DataNodes do you have in your cluster, and what is your
replication factor (dfs.replication in hdfs-site.xml)?

Yusaku

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 11:11 AM, Alma Bob <almabob1@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to remove nodes from the cluster and as it seems to me the Datanode
decommission does not move any data from the nodes. If I check with fsck it reports missing
blocks. I'm using Ambari 1.6.0. Is it supposed to move data at all or I should take care of
it?

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE