ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Yusaku Sako <yus...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Decommission does not move data
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2014 20:15:45 GMT
I see.  Decommission of DataNodes via Ambari should automatically
start the process of moving off blocks to other remaining DataNodes to
ensure that the replication factor of 3 is reached.
How did you trigger decommission on the 5 DataNodes?
Once you trigger decommission, Ambari should show the DataNodes as
"Decommissioning" if you drill down to the Host Detail page of the
said hosts.  Decommission process can take a long time, depending on
the number of blocks involved.  You can also check the NameNode Web UI
(available from QuickLinks) to verify that the DataNodes are indeed
decommissioning.

Yusaku

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 11:41 AM, Alma Bob <almabob1@gmail.com> wrote:
> In this test I tried with 20 nodes with replication 3. I generated 3TB data
> and started to decommission 5 nodes and the fsck reported as replication is
> 3 but found block 2 in many cases.
>
> On November 26, 2014 at 8:34:20 PM, Yusaku Sako (yusaku@hortonworks.com)
> wrote:
>
> How many DataNodes do you have in your cluster, and what is your
> replication factor (dfs.replication in hdfs-site.xml)?
>
> Yusaku
>
> On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 11:11 AM, Alma Bob <almabob1@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've been trying to remove nodes from the cluster and as it seems to me
>> the Datanode decommission does not move any data from the nodes. If I check
>> with fsck it reports missing blocks. I'm using Ambari 1.6.0. Is it supposed
>> to move data at all or I should take care of it?
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Bob
>>

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE