ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Nate Cole <nc...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: How To pass parameter to ambari stack
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2014 00:16:05 GMT
Hi Raveesh,

You can pass data directly to the agent by specifying part of the request info using the _name
of the component itself_.  For example, Flume agents are a many-per-host, and they are individually
controlled with this mechanism.  Consider the following command to stop Flume:

PUT /api/v1/clusters/c1/hosts/h1/host_components/FLUME_HANDLER
{
  "RequestInfo": {
    "context":"Stop Flume a1",
    "flume_handler":"a1",
    "operation_level":  {
      "level":"HOST_COMPONENT",
      "cluster_name":"c1",
      "service_name":"FLUME",
      "host_name":"h1"
    }
  },
  "Body": {
    "HostRoles": {
      "state":"INSTALLED"
    }
  }
}

In Flume's case, the value in "flume_handler" is the agent process to target for stopping
and is picked up by the agent script.  In the absence of that value, all agents are stopped
(similar to how a "regular" stop operation works).

Thanks,
Nate

On Nov 6, 2014, at 11:27 AM, Raveesh Shantharaju <Raveesh.Shantharaju@sas.com> wrote:

> Hello Everybody.
>
> We are using Ambari stacks to deploy our content onto Hadoop cluster.
>
> How can we pass parameters to the install action or any other custom method of stack?
. We need to pass parameters to this custom stack script to get our content deployed.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE