ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Alejandro Fernandez <afernan...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Ambari branch-1.7.0 stabilization
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2014 20:34:39 GMT
Hi all,

Thank you for helping to stabilize the Ambari 1.7.0 branch; we are down to
1 Blocker, 4 Criticals, and 75 Major issues (of which 31 are bugs).
In order to prevent large non-critical changes from destabilizing the
release candidate, I propose that we enter a mode where we should only fix
Blockers and Criticals.
The goal is to minimize the risk of any breaking changes, scrutinize the
severity of additional patches, and ensure that branch-1.7.0 stays healthy.

Please spend the next 2 days scrubbing any open Jiras for Fix Version 1.7.0
in case they warrant any change in priority (e.g., change from Major to
Critical) or need to be moved to Fix Version 2.0.0.
On Friday, I will start going over any Jiras still open in Ambari 1.7.0 and
propose a judgement call to the community on what action to take for them.

It is now of utmost importance to be extra careful and ensure that all
patches are thoroughly system tested.

Thank you,
Alejandro Fernandez
Ambari 1.7.0 Release Manager