ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Siddharth Wagle <swa...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Rendering metrics on Ambari UI
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2014 18:31:47 GMT
Hi Sujeet,

The metrics.json file serves as a mapping between what is exposed by Ambari
server API and the name of the metric as it is stored by Ganglia.
(In fact the file name represents the metric name in the ganglia rrd
database)

You would need to add your metrics to the metrics.json file and once you do
that, you should be able to query the Service Component or the Host
Component for that metric using REST API.

The UI hook up to plot that metric is something UI devs can comment on.

-Sid

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE