ambari-dev mailing list archives

From jun aoki <ja...@apache.org>
Subject Re: windows-dev branch
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2014 22:37:36 GMT
Hi Yusaku, I believe this supports Windows to *run* Ambari server
(ambari-agent is excluded since, from my limited knowledge, it is not too
common to run Hadoop services on Windows ?)
And it maybe beneficial to *build and unit test* ambari on windows?
If it is the case, we'd need a Jenkins slave on Windows. Does builds.a.o
have any?
We should have a story or epic to scope it and discuss?

On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 3:16 PM, Yusaku Sako <yusaku@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'll be cutting a feature branch called "windows-dev".
> This is for the work being performed to add native support Windows.
> My colleagues Florian Barca and Jayush Luniya have been working this
> locally.
> The idea is to get this stabilized, accept contributions, reviews, and
> eventually merge into trunk.
>
> Thanks,
> Yusaku
>
> --